Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fang Me by Parker Blue


 I have been waiting for what seems like forever for the next book in this series! I was so excited when I checked Parker’s facebook page and found out that Fang Me had been released. There wasn’t an exact date so I drove myself crazy checking the facebook page. If you haven’t read my read my reviews of the earlier books here

Here’s the description from Amazon.com:
“The vampires want it. The demons want it, too. And someone is willing to kill Val for it.

Val and Fang have to find the powerful Encyclopedia Magicka before either of San Antonio's warring underworld factions locate it or the consequences will be deadly for the entire city. As usual, Val's vampire enemies (they still call her The Slayer) want her dead. Even some of her fellow demons may be less than trustworthy, since they'd like to grab the legendary book of spells before she does. Val has a personal claim to the Encyclopedia--her demon father left it to her when he died--but someone stole it recently. And that can't be good.

Battling vamps and dodging demons, Val struggles to unravel the mystery and find the thief. At the same time, she's fighting her attraction to sweet, sexy Shade--her favorite shadow demon. Rumor has it that Val will lose her part-demon, vampire-fighting powers if she gives herself to him.

With a crowd of vamps and demons out to trick her or kill her, it's not a good time for her to risk her job as the city's best vampire hunter by falling in love. The stakes are high and aimed right at her heart. But Lola, Val's hungry little lust demon, doesn't like being denied. Will Lola finally get her way?

What's a part-lust-demon-teen supposed to do? Whatever it takes.”

Wow I didn’t sleep at all last night. I stayed up reading Fang Me. There is so much going on in this book you will not be disappointed. A new character is introduced in this book and he’s a sketchy character but so interesting. Parker does a great job with making you very curious about him and his motives and what he is. I spent half the time reading looking for clues about whether he was good or bad.

The action is constant in this book. There is one conflict after another as everyone rushes to find the books that were lost. I think if you are a fan of Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampires (this is definitely more YA geared than hers) then you would really like this book. There is a lot of fights and some writing to keep you interested in between.

I love Shade and Val. They are likely one of my favorite couples. I like that they work for each other. Val is a really strong female but she still needs someone that will challenge her. At first I was afraid Shade wasn’t going to be up to the task but he really grows a lot in this book and looses some of that innocent exterior. I also think Val grew and learned a lot about herself in the process. They both make some life altering decisions (won’t disclose what) and I am excited to see what the future holds for them in the next installment due out Spring 2012.

I am so glad that this book did not end on a massive cliffhanger. I am getting tired of waiting for a year on a new book in a series with a major cliffhanger. The conflict is not totally resolved so it left room for the next book, however, it isn’t a crazy cliffhanger that will make you go crazy.

On a side note: I am really interested in Micah. I would love to see something with his back story or even a side storyline with him. I am really interested in the male point of view of a lust demon. 


This is an incredible book I give it a very high recommendation!






No comments:

Post a Comment