Monday, April 11, 2011

Inspiration on Monday (4)

Today I am inspired by my marriage. Yesterday me and my husband celebrated our 7 year anniversary. This is a big deal for us because we chose to get married really young by today's standards. I was 20 and he was 22. Then we had a kid 10 months later. So many people thought our marriage wouldn't work out because we were so young and had the added stress of a child. After making it through seven years we have pretty much defied the divorce statistics for people our age. Not to mention, we have another beautiful 13 month old girl and I am about to finish graduate school with my PhD. I don't mean this to brag, I mean it to be inspiring to anyone else in a similar situation. Just because things don't work out for everyone doesn't mean that they won't work out for you. Only you know what is right for yourself. Our marriage is certainly in the minority to have survived this long and have as many strains put on it with our young age and kids. It has certainly not been an easy 7 years because all relationships are work. However, I wouldn't trade any of it or do anything differently. I hope someone finds some inspiration from this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment