Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Defiance by Lilith St. Crow & Winner


The Strange Angels series is one of my favorite series that I am currently reading. I hate that I have to wait so long between books because I really enjoy the story line and the characters. Here’s the description of the latest installment from Amazon.com:

Now that sixteen-year-old Dru's worst fears have come true and Sergej has kidnapped her best friend Graves, she'll have to go on a suicidal rescue mission to bring him back in one piece.

That is, if she can put all of Christophe's training to good use, defeat her mother's traitor, Anna, once and for all, and manage to survive another day. . .

Dru is an incredible female lead. I think she is by far one of the most interesting characters because of her vulnerability and her brutal honesty. In one moment she is extremely strong and will risk anything and in another instance she is incredibly vulnerable and open. Her character continues to be dynamic in the stories.

The love triangle in this book only gets more confusing. I am still trying to figure what is up with the apple pie smelling Christophe and who Dru would be better off with. Graves is absent for the most part in this book since he has been kidnapped so we get to see a lot more of Christophe. Sometimes it seems like he is a perfect fit for Dru and at other times it seems that he keeps too much from her.

I wish I had seen more of Ash in this book. There are only a few scenes with Ash in it and I find his character really interesting. In fact there are some really big surprises with him. That’s probably the only criticism that I have about this book. I really want to see more of Ash in the upcoming books.

The plot to this book is the usual fast paced rollercoaster that Lilith always writes. There is a little less action as the book is centered around Graves kidnapping and Dru’s training. Most of the action that happens is between Dru and Christophe in her training. Overall I give the book a full 5/5.



Winner:


The winner of the Easter Blog Hop is Holly @ boudoirbooks.blogspot.com. Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment