Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dark Flame by Alyson Noel **SPOILERS**

Dark Flame is the fourth and latest installment in The Immortals series by Alyson Noel. **SPOILER ALERT** This book follows Haven’s new life as an immortal and the choices she makes. Roman continues to cause problems for Ever and Damen. Ever is still trying to discover her full psychic gift and is trying to reverse the binding spell she did at the end of Blue Moon.

I find that this book is very well written, however, I am getting a bit tired of the angst in Ever and Damen’s relationship. She has gone through four books without their relationship advancing and she still does not seem to have any faith in Damen’s love for her. It seems as though the plot has been a bit stretched out in the last two books. I believe that Evermore was an incredible book with a great plot. However, I find myself reluctant to recommend Dark Flame.

If you have read The Immortals series I recommend it in the sense that you will need to read this one to understand the progression in the plot. I do recommend this series to any reader that enjoys the YA paranormal romance genre. However, be aware that the first two books are the best so far in the series. I do love this series I am just not a fan of this last installment. The plot moves too slowly and the relationship between Ever and Damen is stale. I hope that in the next book Noel can bring back the great storyline and can give something fresh to Ever and Damen’s relationship.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I'm getting tired of THEIR tired relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this has become a problem with several authors in the YA genre. It seems that books are being drawn out too far in a series and problems aren't being resolved and new ones created.

    ReplyDelete