Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Five!

Wow it's been awhile since I've had a moment to post a Friday Five. I've had trouble keeping up with basic book reviews while trying to juggle going back to work with my son's hectic swim and acting schedules. So here's what's on my mind this week:

1. I am so excited for Labor Day weekend. Right now with my son's schedule I am only home on Weds and Sunday. Therefore, I don't get to see much of my incredibly awesome husband or even have internet access. We are planning to spend the holiday in Dallas with my grandmother and I am really looking forward to the nice break. Hopefully I will be able to relax and get a few reviews done. The hubby is also taking some sort of bar-b-que judging certification class so he can officially judge competitions. I have no idea why he is doing this other than... free food.... lol.

2. School is definitely back in. It is amazing how early the kids go back every year. My son is in first grade so we have nightly homework and because I am a crazy teacher mom I also make him work ahead in a supplemental workbook. So far he has made a 100 on everything so I figure I'm not permanently scarring him with my extra assignments.

3. My daughter's hair is finally coming in!! She's 18 months and has mostly been bald while I dream about one day putting her hair in ponytails, etc. Unfortunately this isn't as fun as I thought. She got my husbands spiral curls that will turn into a giant birds nest at the first sign of humidity.. Not fun living in Louisiana with that kind of hair... Also, it's not fun having to constantly condition and detangle it.

4. It's time for Football!! The Saints are back and University of Tennessee is back. I miss football dearly every summer. I love going to or watching pretty much any game. Hopefully, we'll be able to get a few Saints tickets this year. I'm not found of going to college games because it is really hot and the stadiums freak with out with my fear of heights.

5. I am on the hunt for new tv shows. Anyone have any suggestions? I have pretty much dwindled my list down to just GLEE with a few ABC family shows thrown in when I get bored. I am thinking of watching The New Girl with Zooey Deschanel. It looks really funny. I am looking for fun tv shows or really interesting ones. I love to read so it has to be really good to distract me from reading. However, sometimes I just feel like vegging out and watching a bunch of tv.

I hope everyone has a great holiday and enjoy the football!!

No comments:

Post a Comment