Thursday, June 16, 2011

Tremble by Addison Moore


I stumbled across Addison’s debut novel Ethereal on Amazon through a recommendation. You can find my review here. You can also find my interview with Addison here.I am so excited that she has now released the second installment in the series Tremble.  Here is the synopsis from Amazon:

Sixteen year-old, Skyla Messenger is determined to bring back the dead.

For Skyla, being an angel from the coveted Celestra faction hasn’t been easy.

An entire band of wicked angels is after her blood, a Sector is after something far more sinister, and her newfound powers lead her on a quest to save her dead father.

Skyla and her boyfriend Logan try to piece together a plan to take down the Countenance in order to maintain their relationship, but will Skyla’s burgeoning feelings for Gage get in the way?

And when Skyla decides to use her powerful blood to change the fate of another deceased soul, just who is going to stop her?

All I have to say about this book is WOW. I was drawn in from the first page and finished this book in one sitting. Luckily my 1 year old was at the babysitter’s for the day so I could have some mommy time :) The plot to this book builds on the previous book with Skyla trying to survive know that she knows what she is and others are finding out.

There are so many surprises in this book that I simply did not see coming. Addison really outdid herself with this book. I spent half the book in shock as things that were extremely subtly hinted happen. After you have read the plot twist you see that it was setup early on but very quietly.

The relationship between Lucas, Gage and Skyla become much more complicated as Skyla pretends to date Gage. Personally, I find myself on Gage’s side. I find any guy that would suggest dating someone else and convincing people a bit of a coward. So I am currently in Gage’s corner rooting for him to win Skyla’s heart. He seems the type that would truly care about her and respect her instead of attempting to control her.

Fair warning, when you get to the end of the book you have the distinct feeling that if it was a paperback you would be looking for hidden pages. I remember thinking: where’s the rest?? While the book doesn’t stop in a major event there is a bit of a cliffhanger at the end. Luckily amazon shows that book 3 will be out this summer so you won’t have to wait long!

I give this book a 5/5. It was incredibly well written and the plot was amazing. I am definitely looking forward to seeing how Skyla survives in the next installment with the shocking knowledge she gets in this book! I would also like to give Addison some recognition for choosing an amazing cover. I absolutely love the cover for this book and think she did a great job choosing it with whomever designed it.



1 comment: