Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shadowspell by Jenna Black


I must say that this series continues to impress me. I think it gets better and better. I really enjoyed the first book in the Fairiewalker series and this one just increases my opinion of the series. Here’s the description from amazon:

On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?
I really enjoyed Dana and Ethan’s relationship in this book. I feel like she is suitably cautious after the first book and her first experiences with him. Despite the fact that she spends a lot of time in hiding there is still plenty of action in this book.
The Erlking brings a whole new side to the fey and brings a level of adventure to the books that wasn’t in the first book. I really enjoyed the angle that it brought out in the book. The dangerous side to the wild hunt added to the suspense of the story.
I did miss Kimber in this book, There is very limited interaction between Dana and Kimber in this book. I am hoping that the next book will have more interaction between the two friends.
I really enjoy this series and personally am already waiting for the next book to come out. Maybe I can get my hands on an arc….. :) I like the reality between Dana and her mom and how there is such a complexity to Dana’s character. She doesn’t fall in love with everyone or fall too quickly for one person. I give the story a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment