Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday & I'm back

Well it has been a long time since I posted on here but I am delighted to be back. In the quiet I quit my job to stay home and allow my son to pursue acting full time, had my third child, and found new employment working from home as an adjunct math instructor with a few different universities. Life has had a lot of changes in the past year but I am finally settled and have time to get back to one of my favorite hobbies: reading!


Since I have gotten back into reading I have been doing a lot of catching up with series that I have fallen behind on. The up side to this is that I don't have to wait near as long for the next installment. The book that I am eagerly waiting on this week is Crimson Frost by Jennifer Estep.

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads: I should have known that my first official date with Logan Quinn was destined to end in disaster. If we’d gotten into a swordfight, or been ambushed by Reapers, I’d have been more prepared. But getting arrested mid-sip at the local coffee hangout? I didn’t see that one coming.

I’ve been accused of purposely helping the Reapers free Loki from his prison—and the person leading the charge against me is Linus Quinn, Logan’s dad. The worst part is that pretty much everyone at Mythos Academy thinks I’m guilty. If I’m going to get out of this mess alive, I’ll have to do it myself.

The thing that I really enjoy about this book is that it involves a lot of different mythologies. It is still paranormal with a touch of romance but without all of the usual suspects (vampires, werewolves, etc). Since there are several different mythologies it really holds your attention as you try to keep up with what is going on. Lastly, there is a lot of butt kicking going on in this book. If you are looking for a great series to start reading check out the Mythos Academy series. It would make a great winter read!

No comments:

Post a Comment