Sunday, May 15, 2011

Illusions by April Lynn Pike


I have been eagerly awaiting the next installment in April Lynn Pike’s series. This is one of the books that was released on May 3 that I have been trying to read six books and review them J Needless to say reading them won out…
"I don't do patrols, I don't go hunting, I just stick close to you. You live your life. I'll keep you safe," Tamani said, sweeping a lock of hair from her face. "Or die trying."
Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.
But just as life returns to normal, Laurel realizes that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.

Wow I loved this book. I actually waited until I had read all of the other books before I started this one and it was one of my favorites. I had anticipated getting a little tired of the love triangle between Tamani and David. However, that wasn’t the case. April was able to bring new aspects to the love triangle and Laurel didn’t spend the entire book an angsty mess.

The plot continues to thicken in this book as you try to get to the root of who is causing all of Laurel’s problems. I would say the last few chapters are quite a plot twist and the ending completely leaves you hanging. For those that hate books with cliffhangers then you might want to wait until the next installment is out before reading this book.

Tamani really comes into his own in this book. You see more of his love for Laurel and how much he struggles seeing her with David. In the past two books you have seen a lot of David and his side. In this book you see all of Tamani including some passages from his POV. I have to say that I really enjoy books from both characters POV.

Overall, I give this book a 4.5/5. Faeries aren’t my favorite thing and I am not a fan of cliffhanger endings. However, the book has so many good points that it really balances out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment