Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hexbound by Chloe Neill


First off let me say that I have been waiting for this book since Firespell’s release date a year ago and it has been a long wait! Here is the summary from amazon:

Lily Parker is new to St. Sophia's School for Girls, but she's already learned that magic can be your best friend-or your worst enemy. That's why Lily has to learn how to control her newly discovered paranormal abilities while fighting the good fight with her best friend Scout as they take on Chicago's nastiest nightlife-including the tainted magic users known as Reapers...

This book was definitely worth the wait. Lily’s character comes into herself and becomes a very dynamic force within the dark elite group. Her narration is more enjoyable as she gains confidence in her new powers and her new identity.

I am still left wondering about the whole Sebastian situation and what he has to gain from attempting to contact Lily. Sadly that wasn’t really resolved in this story. I do look forward to figuring it out a little more in the next book as it is a conflict throughout the book as you wonder why he would have helped her in Firespell in the first place and why he is attempting to contact her.

The one thing that I really didn’t care for (SPOILER) is the fact that Jason reveals that he is somewhat promised to marry another. I know there has to be a complication in the love story but this for me seemed to be a little bit of a stretch and one that has been made a few times. While it was quite a shocker as you anticipate more of a problem with the fact that he is a werewolf, I did not really like it in the story. But that’s why I don’t write I just read J

Overall I give Hexbound a 5./5. It kept up the trend from the four books that I have been reading since shortly after Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment